Welcome to St. Stephen’s Parish

God is light, and in Him there is no darkness at all. ~ 1 John 1:5

Open Doors: Tour guide of St. Stephen’s (rev 2018)


The Diocese of Gatineau releases the First report of the Synodal Process – January 29, 2019

 

 


Joel Quarrington, contrabassist J.S. Bach Sixth Suite BWV 1012 
(recorded in St. Stephen’s Church May 2018)


Christ, Us, Our Communities, Our Neighbourhoods

Visit the Diocese of Gatineau website to stay up to date on the 2018-2019 Synodal Process

LOGO


Québec invests $ 91,274 in Chelsea’s religious heritage

“Heritage assets of a religious nature are witnesses to a large part of our collective history. They are, in all regions of Quebec, a source of pride and an element of cultural dynamism in communities. Today’s investment is a concrete gesture to confirm the value we place on them and our interest in preserving them. I also take this opportunity to highlight the mobilization of local stakeholders who, through their motivation and creativity, play a major role in safeguarding these jewels of our heritage.”   

(Translation of statement by Marie Montpetit, Québec Minister of Culture and Communications News release of August 13, 2018)

Related: Fabrique of St. Stephen’s Parish News Bulletin of August 19, 2018


st-stephens-autumnSt. Stephen’s Parish, established in 1845, has a long and rich history in the village of Chelsea, QC located at the edge of the enchanted Gatineau Hills. St. Stephen’s historic stone church, built in 1879, opens its doors to all residents of Chelsea and surrounding territory and supports both the Anglophone and Francophone Catholic faith communities.

St. StephenThe church’s patron saint, St. Stephen is shown in the window overlooking  the entrance of the church. This saint, whose feast day is December 26th, was stoned to death and is known as the first Christian martyr. He is also known as the patron saint of bricklayers.

To Serve You:
Fr. Daniel Kelly (English)
(819) 827-1664

Abbé Fadi Atalla (French)
(819) 827-1664

The Parish is served by a single Fabrique Council as well as a Parish Pastoral Council and a “Comité paroissial de pastorale“.

english-post_1